Sunday, October 18, 2009

An update

So, anyone who has facebook knows my semi-big news: I finished the first draft of my book yesterday. It was pretty exciting, as it is a first for me. To celebrate, Steve and I went to a Legos store (turned out to be a disaster: it took forever to find a parking spot, and the store was full of obnoxious kids) and then Applebee's. While we were at Applebee's, we caught the back end of a really terrible football game, which killed the mood a little. But regardless, I was feeling pretty proud of myself.

Then, back in rational-thinking-mode, I remembered that the story is going to require extensive revisions to turn it into something viable. I'm sorry to say it, but the first 25 pages are extremely boring. Even I get bored reading them, and I have a personal investment in the character! So I need to start the editing process. I expect this will take longer than actually writing the book took. Sadness. But I hope to have a book worthy of being published when I'm done, so bring on the red pen!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, good luck! I'm sure the editing will be an involved process, but totally worth it! I'm excited to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete