I can't believe it is already October 11. This month is going by so quickly. Of course, I encourage time to go as quickly as possible, because the more it goes, the closer we get to hopefully having a family!
Anyway, today in church, one of my good friends cornered me and asked if I would like to join in a writing group she wanted to start. She had been working on a book, and another of our friends has also been writing one. I hesitantly revealed that I am also working on a book (as usual, I am almost always working on a book . . . ask me how many I've finished). So we all agreed to form this writing group and get together to offer suggestions and constructive criticism.
Here's the problem: I am really self-conscious about my writing. There are only a few people scattered throughout my past that have been allowed to read anything I've written. Although I do want to be published, I have a hard time allowing other people to see things in rough form. Also, for the book I'm currently writing, I keep changing lots of things, and I need to re-write quite a bit of it. So how do I gain the courage to allow these two good friends to see into the part of me that I usually keep locked away and hidden? I don't know. But I think they will provide a good impetus for me to get writing. I love to write, I really do. I get sucked into stories and have a hard time coming out. It is relaxing and enjoyable, and invigorating at the same time. I just need help getting things finished. So, this writing group could be perfect.
Updates to come . . .
Oh, good luck. It will be a growing experience, I'm sure. I hope it's a good one!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good idea. Mayhap I should find a group if ever I am to finish any of my works in progress. Looking forward to updates!
ReplyDeleteDelight is reading this over my shoulder, and we're laughing about how she cornered you! Best news, she is feeling the same as you. I'm sure you're all amazing writers!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all y'alls support! I appreciate it. And she really did corner me, although I may have exaggerated the experience for the sake of a good story.
ReplyDelete