Friday, July 9, 2010

Interesting Week

Dear diary,

Today is Friday, almost the end of the loneliest week I've had in years. I remember what it's like to be single, but for some reason, most of my memories involve going out with large groups of friends and playing video games. I don't really remember the part where I slept alone every night and often had nothing to do. But no more! Now I remember that part too, and I am exceedingly grateful to be married to a wonderful man. Even if he has been in Minnesota for almost a week. Don't get me wrong, I love that he gets this chance to be with his parents for so long. It's unusual for him to have so much time off, and it will probably be his last chance for a while. So I totally encouraged him to go and stay as long as he wants. I still want him to stay as long as he wants.

But in the meantime, I feel a little sad.

It doesn't help that my good friend and coworker has been out of the office sick all week, leaving me alone in the front office to cover both our jobs. Fortunately the office hasn't been as busy as sometimes. It would probably be easier if it was really busy, because then I wouldn't have time to miss her.

Now it's almost the weekend, which will be the hardest part of this thing. I always had a hard time with weekends when I was single, because I never could keep myself doing productive things. It's a good thing I have church, or I would probably go crazy.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know, diary, that I'm going to be just fine, but I'll also be very excited when Steve gets back. I do have a giant stack of libary books, which I'm slowly chewing away at. Unfortunately, half of them are Mary Higgins Clark books, and they are scary enough I probably shouldn't read them on my own at night. . . alone. . . but I do anyway.

Good think I have a giant stuffed alligator to protect me!

Sincerely yours,

Di

2 comments:

  1. Dear Diane,
    I wish you were here with us! I know what you are going through and I know how hard it is.
    Eight months after we were married the Navy shipped Brian out to sea for six months.
    The thing I missed the most was to be held in his arms. I felt loved, secure and contentment when I was enfolded in his arms. I am so glad that the days of long separations are over. Steve misses you alot so I don't believe it will be long before he decides it is time to come home to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry you're so lonely! I hope time passes by quickly until he gets back!

    ReplyDelete