I can't believe it's August 1 already. It seems like the days are slow, but the weeks are fast. Yet nothing happens. Ever. We went for a long walk at Prairie Oak Metro Park, at the Darby Bend Lakes today. It was a lot of fun, but we were both pretty well soaked with sweat. Turns out it's 87 degrees outside. Maybe we'll wait till it gets a little cooler before we do our next hike! A couple weeks ago we went to Darby Creek Metro Park, which has some pretty good hiking. That was a lot of fun! Especially the picnic at some old barn on top of the hill. It's not exactly the Rocky Mountains, but it'll do.
I think the only other interesting thing that's happened is I've been cooking a lot recently. Those of you from Ohio, you've had the Home Fries from Bob Evans, right? If not, you need to. Anyway, I figured out how to make them at home, much more healthfully. So yummy. And we are eating spaghetti squash tonight, which is my favorite vegetable.
Our neighbors are pounding some terrible music with a loud beat. It's pretty obnoxious. We look forward to the day when we get out of this living situation and move somewhere where we don't have people living all around us. Can you imagine being able to play the piano at 9:00 at night? Crazy.
TTFN!
I feel that way all the time - like I have nothing to report. We're just living. But at least it's a life filled with hikes and spaghetti squash. Lucky you! We love you guys, and are excited to (hopefully) see you soon (depending on your schedule)!
ReplyDeleteTime seems like it goes faster as you get older but it really does keep constant. I think what changes is our priorities and the amount of things that we want to get accomplished. It seems like time is a short commodity.
ReplyDeleteThe heat and humidity have been almost unbearable here. I have to spend a good portion of my day inside with the air conditioning. I feel wilted otherwise. I have decided that things will just have to wait until next year or at least until cooler weather.