Today is Wednesday, and I am sitting at work for the third to last time. I just can't believe my last day is the day after tomorrow. I can't believe I'm leaving Columbus! We've lived here since June 2008, and so much stuff has happened, so much of my life has changed in our time here. It's so weird to think I'll be going back to the city I lived in before, as though our time in Columbus was nothing but a dream. Of course, I know it's not a dream, because I'm a different person than I was when I struck out the first time. A better person, I hope. At least more confident and accepting. I have loved Columbus almost from the first moment we pulled in. It's been home to me, complete with a surrogate family and new friends.
There's a huge selfish part of me that wants to sneak out without having to face any of my surrogate family or friends. I've never been good at goodbyes. I hate the idea that I won't see people whom I've grown to love. It's so much easier on me if I don't actually have to face them to say goodbye. But I've done the sneaking out thing before, and I've been told it's not terribly helpful to the people I'm leaving behind. So this time I'm doing it right. I'm going to church for one last Sunday to say goodbye.
Just don't be alarmed if I keep the actual goodbyes short!
We will miss everyone in Ohio so much. It's been so wonderful. Thanks to all our wonderful friends and surrogate family and support group. We love you!
It's not easy to say good -bye! I do not like it either and I always end up crying so I have learned to say, "I'll see you again some day, until then God bless and keep you in health and in safety. I still cry but at least I have placed them in the best hands possible and they know I love them. Do you know what your new address will be?
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the goodbyes. Can we have a 'Hello Again' party on the other end? We're excited to see you!
ReplyDeleteKiley,
ReplyDeleteWe can totally have a "hello again" when we get there, especially if we can turn it into a housewarming party in our new place! I'm so excited.
How exciting and scary at the same time. I'm probably going to move far away soon, too - unless a miracle happens. I know just how you feel! Be safe traveling!
ReplyDelete