Here's what's new:
-Writing 2011. It looks weird. I spent a whole afternoon writing 1-11-11 over and over again. Strange. (In my defense, it was for work, not just randomly.)
-Interacting with some wonderful older people who make me excited to be old even while I'm terrified of all the medical conditions I see all the time.
-Applying to graduate school. Okay, so it's not really new, since I did this a couple years ago and Steve did it three years ago. But I hope to actually get accepted this time, which will be new for me!
-Submitting my writing. I have three short stories I'm submitting to writing contests, and a completed novel I'm trying to find an agent for. Scary, exciting, and, with any luck, potentially lucrative. (Just kidding, I'm not quitting my day job. But hey! Any profit is better than no profit.)
-Steve making dinner (chicken enchiladas!).
I found a great quote in a conference talk this morning. "We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day." So I'm trying it today. It's working well. I have no guarantees about tomorrow.
Fun comment: when I read all the big and amazing stuff you're doing, I just nodded. Then when I saw that Steve actually made enchiladas, I was REALLY surprised! :) I love my brother, but I know he hates to cook!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your projects!
Steve made Enchilades?????
ReplyDeleteWow what happened?
Good going Steve!
I love you both!