Sunday, November 27, 2011

We are sitting here trying to decide what to say ...

We've been gone a lot. Steve says we had a whirling dervish of a Thanksgiving. Last weekend we spent in Logan with my sister and Steve's brothers, celebrating with ham and a delicious blackberry cobbler. We came back on Sunday so that Steve could go to work on Monday. I was off school all week, which should have meant lots of homework, but instead meant lots of goofing off. On Thursday (Thanksgiving) we drove out to my parents' house to eat dinner with them. It was very quiet, but nice. Friday my sister came with her four children, and suddenly it became less quiet (but no less nice). We stayed until Saturday evening.

Today we spent a couple hours putting up the Christmas tree and lights. I love having a Christmas tree in my house. There's something so . . . festive and jolly about it. Now if only my kitchen were clean so I could feel relaxed.

I am reading the Book Thief. Has anyone read it? It seems like the kind of book where I will need to discuss it when I'm done.

Anyway, that's probably all. Live long.

2 comments: