4:33 on a Friday afternoon, and I have nowhere better to be than my office on campus.
Pathetic, no?
Steve is at work until 8 tonight, and my rehearsal starts at 6. So I am just waiting. I should be doing homework, but I don't want to. Instead, I am bumming around the internet. Silly. Not productive. But a little satisfying.
I finished the third week of my C25K program yesterday. I ran the first two days of it outside, which was really nice in some ways and terrible in others. I got much less bored outside than I do on my treadmill. But I had a difficult time controlling my speed. When I tested it on my treadmill yesterday, I found out I'd run .25 miles more outside than I do on my treadmill. I am not sore, which is nice. I am pretty nervous about starting week 4 next week, because it is much harder. But I need to get this together, because my friend is going to be in Utah in May, and we are going to try to run something together.
In other news, I am attempting to pick a textbook for my students for next semester. It is not so easy. I'm just not 100% happy with any of my available options.
The end.
Well, I don't think being in the office at 4:30 PM is so embarrassing. I think that's just grad school! We all procrastinate and spend way too much time on the internet because we just can't stand the thought of working anymore. Personally, I eventually had to face my own limitations and accept that I was just not going to be productive on Friday nights, so I may as well recharge my batteries by doing something fun rather than sit there in front of the computer beating myself up and still not getting anything done! I'm really proud of how hard you're working to get through it, in addition to this exercise program, the foster parenting program, and the fact that Steve is gone quite a bit. Good job! That's a lot to deal with at one time, and you should feel really good about yourself. My friends and I once had a conversation wherein we concluded that the people who do best in grad school are not the smartest ones, but those who just out-endure everyone else.
ReplyDeleteThe fact that you are still working on your c25 program tells me that you are already a winner! hen things get hectic and tough in life it is way too easy to throw in the towel and you have not done that! Good job Diane! I'll be cheering you on!!!! Rock on girl!!!!
ReplyDelete