Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School

Today was my first day of school.

It followed a crazy weekend. Last Tuesday, Katelyn and I went to Lagoon (with different people, but we were both there). Steve left on Thursday to go on the backpacking trip with his brothers. I spent most of Thursday and Friday doing school stuff. Friday night, I went to a banquet for Idaho's Hometown Heroes. It was amazing. I got to get all dressed up, and the food was fantastic. The salad I had was so good, I think I will try to recreate it at some point. And I had the most delicious cake. Mmmm. Also, I met one of the Idaho senators, an Olympic fencer, and several business owners in town. Pretty fancy. It was great.

Today, however, was the real fun. I got up quite early (I was too nervous to sleep). After I got ready, I headed right over for my office and started working on my class for today. I met one of my new office mates, who is a very nice man starting the Ph.D program. Then I had two classes, including German which is going to be difficult as always, and a free hour before my 101 class. I grabbed a taco and went to class. It was full of Freshmen, most of whom looked a little scared. We made it through class, although it was more serious than I wanted it to be. They barely smiled when I did my "My email address is weird because I was a Russian spy when I first came to ISU." But I had them smiling at least a little by the end. Hopefully the semester will go well.

Then I came home and taught three piano lessons, made dinner, and went grocery shopping. Now I am sitting on the couch procrastinating my homework and watching TV with Katelyn.

That is all!

2 comments: