Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Holidays and Bowling
Hello everyone. I am sitting in my office (alone, for once), waiting for the next thing on my schedule, which is a voice lesson. And I'm feeling rather sore. Why, you ask? Never fear, I will explain.
Because I like to tackle things that are too big for me.
Yesterday was the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, so K and I didn't have school. I did homework, cleaned my kitchen, went running, etc. Then we decided to go bowling. I love bowling, as many of you know. K does not, but we didn't really know that until halfway through the first of the three games we had bought. She was done at the end of the first game. Well, I decided I would just bowl the rest of the games for both of us. I made it through Game 2 pretty well (actually bowling a 126 and 103, which are good scores for me). Then in the third game, I switched things up so I bowled one player with my right hand and one player with my left. That worked pretty well at keeping my right arm going. But it means I woke up this morning with sore arms.
Sadly, my left hand is almost as good a bowler as my right.
That is enough bowling for the week, although clearly I need to go more often, to keep my bowling arm strong and remembering how to aim.
In other news, we are working on our spring break trip, when we will be going to southern California. Never having been there before, I am quite excited. K is also excited, because that is where she is from and she hasn't been there in quite a while. It's going to be great. One hopes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good times!!! Enjoy your trip!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I shoveled for about fifteen minutes on Saturday and have had a sore back for the past few days :(. Must mean I'm getting old ...
ReplyDeleteAnd hooray for a vacation! I'm excited for you!