A- The Age of Innocence, by Edith Wharton
B- The Battle of the Labyrinth, by Rick Riordan - Completed
C- City of Embers, by Jeanne DuPrau - Completed
D-
E- Ethan Frome, by Edith Wharton
F- Funny in Farsi, by Firoozeh Dumas (recommended by Beth Lybbert) -Completed
G- The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
H- The Holy Bible, King James Version
I- Igraine the Brave, by Cornelia Funke - completed
J- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
K- Kids Say the Darndest Things, by Bill Cosby - Completed
L- Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo
M- Mansfield Park, by Jane Austen - Completed
N- Nemesis, by Agatha Christie - Completed
O- The Once and Future King, by T.H. White
P- Peter and the Starcatchers, by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson - Completed
Q-
R- Run Silent, Run Deep, by Edward Beach - Completed
S- The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis - Completed
T- Tomorrow's Dream, by Janette Oke - Completed
U- The Universe Between, by Alan Nourse - Completed
V- Vanity Fair, by William Thackeray
W- Witch World, by Andre Norton
X-
Y-
Z- The Zookeeper's Wife, by Diane Ackerman
The Leviathan -Thomas Hobbes
ReplyDeleteMeditations on First Philosophy -Renee Descartes
Wittgenstein: a very short introduction - A.C. Grayling
Fear and Trembling - Soren Kierkegaard
Critique of Pure Reason - Immanuel Kant
Geneology of Morals - Fredrich Nietzsche
This is the first batch of books that I can think of off the top of my head. I know that more than likely none of them will fit your list, but I recommend them all. Some you might love, some you my endure, some you might loathe (which often I find very fulfilling. To read and right objections and rebuttles to every other word in the margins is a satisfying thing). I will keep thinking about this and try to get some more suggestions for you.
Methinks that list will keep you busy for awhile; something about the KJV being included on it. :) Say, I'm going to be reading Mansfield Park sometime within the next 5 months, too. Mayhap we could coordinate & read it around the same time?
ReplyDeleteI wanted to correct a word in my last comment - right = write.
ReplyDelete