Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's raining in Ohio . . . so what else is new?

So I realize it has been almost two months since I've updated this blog. That's pathetic. That's about how often I've been writing in my journal too, which is also sad. You'd think, with how busy I am most of the time, I would find more to blog about, but somehow I don't.

Today we learned about the tender mercies of the Lord, and I would like to share a couple. The flowers in the above picture were given to me by my wonderful husband (who has always been a tender mercy). Last Wednesday was a rough day in the Yerka household. We received some fairly bad news that made us both quite sad. However, the Lord loves us and he takes care of us, and somehow, even though we were sad all day Wednesday, when we woke up on Thursday, everything was okay. Not that things had changed, exactly, but our hearts were filled with peace. And then Steve brought flowers to my work, and made my whole day. I love flowers! Especially ones that come with great amounts of love.



Riley is another tender mercy. She and her family have been such good friends to me. She was my first piano student here, and very talented. Here she is, dressed up for mismatched day. I especially love the two kinds of stockings she is wearing.

This is a blanket I made for Steve's mother, my wonderful mother-in-law. I actually finished it on the Thursday of Peace (see above), and it was so wonderful to use my peaceful, spiritual feeling to do something good for Mom. I love her so much, and she is such a tender mercy in my life. Being able to serve her makes me so happy, it added to the peace I was already feeling. Even if Kiley beat me to it!

The Lord takes such good care of us. Even though my life hasn't been turning out exactly how I wanted or expected, he has let me know we're in the right place, doing the right thing. He has put us in the Marble Cliff ward, where we have made some wonderful friends. People take such good care of us, even when we sometimes feel lonely or depressed. I wish everyone could feel the happiness and peace that I have felt for the last three days, even with all the trials that I have had. I encourage all of you to turn to the Lord no matter what you are going through. I have tried it both ways, but this way is better. (Hopefully I'll remember that the next time I choose the other way.) Love to all!



3 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet post. The flowers are beautiful! Good job Steve. I've always thought you and Steve are so great together. I can tell you both love each other so much. Cute blanket too! You are a woman of countless talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you got some bad news. I think that it is wonderful though that Heavenly Father always sends rainbows after the storms. I hope that your storm will be short lived!
    I Absolutely love the blanket that you made me.
    It is very cheerful and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good luck! We love you guys so much! I'm sorry about the bad news, but we're praying for you. You're quilt is beautiful - I didn't mean to beat you to it! I really just think great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete