Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 5 of Spring Break Trip

Today was the big drive day, from Philadelphia to Boston. Honestly, we didn't do much rather than that, so this will probably be a short post.

We drove through six states: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts. The farther east we got, the more fun the accents were. About the only two memorable experiences were in New York and Connecticut. In New York, we had the pleasure of driving straight through the middle of the Bronx (on highway of course). It was about all that you would imagine: disgusting and dirty with tall buildings everywhere. We didn't stop anywhere.

In Greenwich, Connecticut, it was a completely different story. There we stopped at the Ocean for the first time (actually Long Island Sound), and saw some of the hugest houses I've ever imagined. We felt definitely out of place in our old car. Everyone there drives Lexus and Audi and here we are in our Ford Contour.

In Boston we drove on the lower level of a huge bridge to get to our suburb, which is called Revere, Massachusetts. Then, after a hunt for some food that ended in delivered Chinese, we went to bed.

High Point of the Day: seeing the Ocean!
Low Point of the Day: New York City and spending $8! to cross a bridge!


You can barely see it, but that is Manhattan in the distance.


My first view of the Atlantic Ocean!


Steve and I standing at the shoreline.


The biggest house I've ever seen.


Oh, and they also have the biggest Audi dealership in the world, and I believe them, since everyone there was driving something like an Audi.

1 comment:

  1. I get more and more jealous every day. How fun for you guys!

    ReplyDelete