Steve and I went for a walk today. It is the first time in months that we have felt like going on a walk. The sun is shining, and it is fairly warm (for winter): 46 degrees. It was so nice to be outside and moving around. I feel like we have been hibernating for months, and I am so tired of it. I want to live somewhere where I can go outside, or at least see outside. Our apartment has north-facing windows, and not very many of them at that. Oh how we hope to be changing our living situation in the not-too-distant future!
In other news, my friend Heidi taught a wonderful lesson in Relief Society today, about how to use our different stages of life to become more like Christ. She said a lot of great things, but one thing in particular stuck out to me. She said we should do whatever we can to make our homes a place of strength, peace, and security. I think that is exactly what I needed to hear this week. I have been struggling so much with knowing what I can do to help Steve with the stress he has been feeling, and also to give myself something to do that will help me feel productive and useful. Often I don't feel like anything I do is actually important, but it takes the time I could have used to be productive. It's very frustrating. But now I have some ideas of how to create an atmosphere in my home that will allow Steve to work through the things he needs to get done. And, I will find a way to challenge my own mind so that I'm not bored and impatient.
Wish me luck!
Oh, and I also saw Alice in Wonderland yesterday and I would recommend it. It was pretty cool. I enjoyed the 3D.
I wondered where them old sneakers of mine went!
ReplyDeleteI remember as a young wife/ mother having the exact same feelings that you have described. I felt like the only thing I was good for was washing dishes, diapers and cleaning house. Then Heavenly Father showed me my life from a different perspective and it helped me tremendously. He showed me that I could use my mind to help create a learning environment in my home and that I could teach my children new skills ect.
At this time in your life He has given you a little different task to work with- good luck with it! Embrace it and learn all you can- it will make you feel so good about yourself and all that you are doing. It is very rewarding.
Wow - what a good lesson for all of us! I love spring - it's a time when you feel like you can really change!
ReplyDelete