Thursday, January 5, 2012

First post of the year

We went all the way to Minnesota and back, and we don't have a single picture from our Christmas holiday! That's kind of embarrassing. It was an excellent Christmas. Lasted just over a week. I don't think I've ever had a Christmas last that long. :)

I am sitting on my loveseat in my newly-arranged living room, thinking about the things that need to get done today. I have four more days till the semester starts, which is both exciting and anxiety-inducing. I start teaching 8:00 on Monday morning. I think I'm ready. My moodle site is up and running, my syllabus is ready (although I'm still waiting to have it approved by my mentor). I basically know what I'm going to do for the first day.

And we are turning in our foster parenting application tomorrow. Yes, it is almost complete. We are so excited.

I am too jittery to sit here any longer. I need to get up and do something.

4 comments:

  1. All exciting things! Hooray for turning in foster parent papers . . . hooray for teaching a class, and I LOVE rearranging rooms! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! So many new things going on. Best of luck with all of them! And, you can pass some of that "I need to be busy-ness" my way! :) Thanks for posting. I love your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Melinda and Kiley's comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let me know how you like the foster parenting thing. Derek and I are looking at becoming foster parents. We don't know anyone who has done it, and are a little scared.

    ReplyDelete