So, I have been trying for years to lose weight. Obviously it has been unsuccessful. But I am trying again, and this time I'm going to post information on my blog and see if some accountability to myself will help.
I won't get into everything here, but I do want to say that I did the second day of a c25k (couch to 5k) program this morning. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do the entire program as fast as it is laid out, but I'm certainly going to try to get through the whole thing. I want to be able to run a 5k this summer. I know it will be a slow one, but that's the goal. At the moment, I'm held back by my seriously week calf muscles, which hurt after a very short time exercising. And I've been struggling to know what to do on the off days. I am doing Pilates, but it's getting just a little bit boring.
Anyway, I just wanted to put this in writing. That is all.
Good luck with your goals Diane!
ReplyDeleteI have decided that I will never diet; I will simply make lifestyle changes. That means more fruits and veggies and uping the protein and lowering the carbs. That plan worked once before for me and I felt GREAT!
Back at it today AND HOPEFULLY ON INTO THE FUTure
Good luck, Diane! I've always been surprised at how fast muscle mass can be built up when I start a new exercise program. I have really weak knees and hips, which cause me problems when I try to run, which is one of the few forms of exercise I can routinely do without getting bored. But after a couple of weeks of Crunch: Fat-Burning Pilates on Netflix (with Ellen - she's great - it's on instant play), I'm strong enough to do some jogging. My suggestion for you would be to do a lot of core and joint strengthening at this point (yoga ball exercises for the core and Pilates plus long walks or bikerides for the knees and hips), which will get your body ready for the high impact of running. If you start off doing high-impact activities without first making sure the core and joints are good, you'll likely only get injuries that will take time to heal and prevent you from being able to run this summer.
ReplyDeleteYeah - good luck too! I'm working on training for my very first race this year (it's not going so well). Maybe if I tell you then I'll be accountable too . . .
ReplyDelete