Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I have about three seconds to update this

It is 7:30 in the morning, and I am in a huge rush. My hair is still wet, I just finished breakfast, and I need to be out the door in about twelve minutes. Today on the agenda, I teach at 8, work from 9-1, have two glorious hours in which to eat lunch and work on a paper (due Friday, that I haven't started), teach from 3:30-5, then drive to Blackfoot for class from 6-9. Sadly, this is actually an easier day than yesterday, which started at 7 and ended about 11:00. Ick.
Anyway, this isn't supposed to be a complaint session, and, in fact, I feel pretty excited to be doing everything today. I just wanted to quickly update on my exercise routine so ya'll don't think I forgot.
I have lost about ten pounds (although I have been working out more this week than usual, and I think the increased muscle is making my weight go up again). Today I did the second part of week 5 of my c25k, which totaled running about 1 1/3 miles. It was difficult but not impossible. Friday I have my next real test, as I get to run for 20 minutes with no break. Four weeks ago I would have said no way. As it is, I think I can do it. I'm making sure to take breaks every other day, and I've been doing a lot of other stuff, including bicycling, walking, stretching, Pilates, etc. My muscles are usually tired, but they never hurt, and I haven't really been sore, so that's nice. I am hoping that I'm on track to be able to run a 5k sometime in May.
That is all. Loves!

3 comments:

  1. You Rock! So happy for your accomplishments. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Diane! I'm excited for you guys finishing your foster parenting class, too! Best of luck with all of your projects and things!

    ReplyDelete