Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Life is still plodding along.

Hi everybody. It's been awhile since we've put anything on here, which is funny, because our lives are about as exciting as they get right now. As most of you know, we have two girls living with us right now. One of them, whom I'll call Karen (that is not her real name), is nine years-old. The other, whom I'll call Angela, is 16. Both of them are pretty good girls, but it has been pretty dramatic here since Angela arrived almost two weeks ago. Oddly enough, Angela is not the dramatic one. Instead, it has been Karen that has caused most of the distress and stress in the house. We've been somewhat hoping her caseworker will find her a new placement soon, although that is unlikely to happen. We will probably have both of them for the summer, for better or for worse. It has been challenging in many ways. Most recently, it has been challenging to explain that we are all going to live by rules that are in accordance with the Gospel, regardless of who in the house is Mormon and who isn't. We have had some hiccups, mostly from Karen, about that. Anyway, it will all sort itself out. Sometimes it is wonderful. It's nice to have people to take care of, who need me. It has also been very good for my health. In my efforts to feed them healthy food, I have lost ten pounds in the last six weeks. :) Anyway, that is all for now.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to parenting at a much higher level. it sounds like your 9 year old has reached her fifteenth birthday ahead of schedule. I wish you well. There will be times where it won't be so bad and hopefully as she gets more adjusted to living in your home it will get better. Stay firm and consistent and do not give in to bad behaviors.
    I applaud you for taking on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you got 'Angela' ... sounds exciting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I second Mom's applauding you for taking on this challenge. Kudos to all of you! Best wishes, and I'll keep each of you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete