Sunday, November 4, 2012
NaNoWriMo
Often when I am at my busiest, I feel the strongest need to spend time creating something. Usually that means playing the piano, but sometimes, when I have the time and motivators, it means writing.
There is this thing called National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, when anyone can undertake a challenge of writing an entire novel in one month. This amounts to about 3 pages per day, if one writes every single day. I have wanted to do NaNoWriMo for years now, but I've never gotten around to it. Well, based on a Facebook conversation with my writing group, I have decided to do NaNoWriMo this month. So I started a novel today. I am a little behind, since it is the 4th already, but I hope to catch up.
In order to maintain motivation, I am including a little widget here on this blog. That way, everyone who reads this blog (all two of you, or so) will know exactly where I'm at with this little novel.
I guess I could tell you a little bit about it. I was planning to write a post-apocalyptic version of the Queen Esther story, but it is already getting away from me a little, and now it might morph into something else entirely. I never am very good at controlling where my stories go. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is because you have a creative mind! Creative minds can take you anywhere! If you can dream it you can go there! Good luck with your novel!
ReplyDeleteWill it be posted somewhere when you have completed it?
Yay! I'm doing NaNoWriMo for the first time, too. I've officially added you as a buddy (hope you don't mind).
ReplyDelete