Monday, March 4, 2013

New Stuff

We had been waiting to post this in general until my mother knew, but she knows now, so here is what is going on, I guess. We are moving to Minnesota. Or rather, Steve has moved to Minnesota, and I will be moving to Minnesota, to get the tenses straight. He left last week. He is living with his parents (something I tease him about, although he has a pretty legit reason) and looking for work as quickly as possible. I am still in Pocatello, where I must stay until 1) the lease on our house runs up (July 31) and 2) Miss K turns 18 (Aug 1). So we will be apart for a few months, although I think he will be able to make it back for my graduation/little sister's wedding. Although it is sad to be not together, we both feel really good about the decision in general. I am still hopeful that I might get into the two PhD programs I applied to in the Minnesota area, giving me something to do for another 4-6 years, but even if I don't, I will probably be able to find work. In the meantime, I am a single mom and Steve is a boomerang kid. It's a fine, fine life.

2 comments:

  1. Dang! I was crossing my fingers for Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be an English major - you didn't split your infinitive when you said "to be not together"! :)

    On a more serious note, we are wishing you guys all the best with things! It's good you both feel right about the decision.

    ReplyDelete