Friday, June 12, 2009

First Post

Well, everybody, I guess I am breaking down and doing the blog thing. I feel a little silly, honestly, but I love reading people's blogs, so I guess I should get on the bandwagon. Of course, this presupposes that I will actually have things to say when I start typing. On Fridays, I work late, so I had time to get all the bills paid and eat lunch before coming to work. I love Fridays because it gives me a little time to myself. I can listen to music that Steve doesn't like, and I don't have to worry about who else is in need of my time. I also get to sleep in.

I have been reading about something called the A-Z challenge for books, and I think I am going to participate in it as soon as I can come up with a whole list of books to read. It has been a long time since I've had a reading goal. At the moment I only read whatever I feel like, and it seems a little lazy to me. Most of you know how abhorrent the idea of being lazy seems to me.

Anyway, this is enough for a first post. At some point I will think of something worthwhile to put on here, and then it may be worth reading.

Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on joining the blog world! Just curious, what exactly is the A-Z book challenge? (hint hint, you could do a post on that!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world! I felt really silly at first, too, but you'll get used to it. I have loved keeping up with others via blog and look forward to doing the same with you guys! It's a nice way to keep updated when one lives far away from family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may seem silly at first but oh how I love hearing from all of you. It helps me to feel connected and to feel a part of your lives even though we are so far apart. You don't have to even have some earth shaking information but just to be able to share a thought, idea, something you'd like to do or have done, even just an "I was thinking about you" works. You might have tried a new recipe or tried your hand at something new.
    The ideas are only limited by what you are willing to share!

    ReplyDelete