Monday, February 27, 2012

Update on Exercising

Hi y'all!
So far my workout plan is going pretty well. I did the first day of Week 2 of the c25k this morning, and it wasn't too troubling. By the end of last week, the workouts were almost too easy, which makes me happy. I have been very careful with my calf muscles. I've been stretching them a lot, using a heat pad on them for a few minutes in the evening, and alternating with other types of exercises (including pilates and stationary bike, as Melinda recommended). While they are occasionally tired, I haven't gotten downright sore yet. Yay! As long as things continue to go well, I should be on board for a 5k this summer. Kiley, I will come run one at the same time as you if you like. Probably not with you, as I will be way too slow, but at the same time. :) And Melody, you need to come out and do one as well! I appreciate the support you guys are giving me. I think I almost have confidence in myself for the first time.
In other news, we started our foster parenting class last week. It is going to be interesting. It makes things very busy, but that's okay. Less time to watch TV. I am pretty excited to come to Logan this weekend to celebrate Kenzie's blessing. I will get to meet Kenzie (born in December), Caleb (two weeks ago), and Madelyn (one week ago). Yay for nieces and nephews!
Time to go shower and get ready for school.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Diane, for sticking with it despite feeling discouraged! I hope things continue to go well for you and your guys' other plans!

    ReplyDelete